Here are some point you may want to know about remarriages:
1. Your Father can walk you down the aisle once again. If he walked your, or not, the first time you got married, there's nothing that can stop him to walk you down on your second marriage. So go ahead, ask him to make you that honor.
2. It is perfectly acceptable to have a shower for a second marriage. For couples who may already have all the basics necessities covered, you can get a more creative shower, such as ticket shower to some form of entertainment, or food showers...
3. It is always better NOT to invite your ex. If you have kids, and your ex's parents get along with you, first ask your fiance or fiancee if it's ok to invite your kid's grandparents.
4. If you are choosing to keep your maiden name, you can make a clear statement on your thank-you notes when writing your name.
5. Your second marriage is not a replica of your first marriage, so it's perfectly fine to ask your old maid of honor and bridesmaids to be in your bridal party once again. You are having a fresh start, so nothing is better to have it with the ones you are best friends with.
Next week, we will talk about second marriages, when there are kids involved.